This 8 hour course is the final step in our carbine progression and teaches the individual skills required to effectively employ a carbine in and around structures. Only students with advanced carbine training are approved to attend this class. UTM non-lethal training ammunition will be provided for close quarter drills in our two-story shoot house. Our indoor range will be used for live fire drills with transitions from rifle to pistol. Students are expected to demonstrate the same advanced skills learned in the previous defensive carbine classes.
• One handed weapon manipulation
• Dynamic movement
• Low light
• Transitions from rifle to pistol
You'll need the following gear in order to participate:• Quality, serviceable semiautomatic M4 style rifle with at least 2 good magazines
• Weapon sling and magazine pouches
• Flashlight mounted on rifle
• Quality, serviceable semiautomatic handgun with at least 3 magazines
• Open carry holster and magazine pouch or some other way to carry a spare magazine on your person
• Ear and eye protection (we have both available for use, but you may be more comfortable with your own)
• Notepad and pen
• Approximately 200 rounds of rifle and 50 rounds of pistol TCJ Ammunition* (UTM ammo will be provided)
Defensive Carbine 3 and Defensive Pistol 1 OR equivalent FORMAL training.
All lawfully armed US citizens are welcome to participate in this course. To confirm eligibility, please provide the following documents BEFORE the class is scheduled to start:
- US state or federal ID (i.e. driver license)
- LE or MIL ID card OR valid concealed carry permit OR background check from your local law enforcement agency showing no felony or domestic violence convictions, restraining orders, etc. that make it illegal for you to possess a firearm.