This 4 hour course begins by reviewing shooting fundamentals learned in Intro to Carbine and then moves toward just what the course name implies: fighting with a carbine. Standing, kneeling, and prone body positions as well as various ready positions will be covered in the first block of instruction. Efficient presentations for rapid target acquisitions will be a major focus of the course so shooters will be able to maintain accuracy under speed and stress (as you would similarly experience in a real gun fight). Emergency reloads and the clearing of stoppages will be covered in the final block of instruction and then the course ends with stress fire.
• Marksmanship fundamentals
• Rapid target acquisitions
• Reloads- speed and tactical
• Shooting positions- standing, kneeling, prone
• Stoppages- including double feeds and stove pipes
You'll need the following gear in order to participate:• Quality, serviceable semiautomatic M4 style rifle with at least 2 good magazines
• Weapon sling and magazine pouches
• Ear and eye protection (we have both available for use, but you may be more comfortable with your own)
• Notepad and pen
• Approximately 100 rounds of TCJ Ammunition*
Intro to Carbine or equivalent FORMAL training.
All lawfully armed US citizens are welcome to participate in this course. To confirm eligibility, please provide the following documents BEFORE the class is scheduled to start:
- US state or federal ID (i.e. driver license)
- LE or MIL ID card OR valid concealed carry permit OR background check from your local law enforcement agency showing no felony or domestic violence convictions, restraining orders, etc. that make it illegal for you to possess a firearm.