This 4 hour course builds on the skills introduced in Defensive Carbine 1 and challenges students to maintain accuracy while maximizing speed. New techniques introduced will be explained from a personal defense perspective and are chosen for their simplicity, repeatability under stress, and efficiency. Students will also be introduced to rapid fire, and efficient target transitions so as to deal with multiple threats in a condensed amount of time. The course will also give students an introduction to how to use cover, and how to move smoothly from one body position to another.
• Smooth body movements
• Shooting positions- including sitting and advanced prone positions
• Target transitions
• Combat mindset- such as offline movement and scanning
You'll need the following gear in order to participate:• Quality, serviceable semiautomatic M4 style rifle with at least 2 good magazines
• Weapon sling and magazine pouches
• Ear and eye protection (we have both available for use, but you may be more comfortable with your own)
• Notepad and pen
• Approximately 200 rounds of TCJ Ammunition*
Defensive Carbine 1 or equivalent FORMAL training.
All lawfully armed US citizens are welcome to participate in this course. To confirm eligibility, please provide the following documents BEFORE the class is scheduled to start:
- US state or federal ID (i.e. driver license)
- LE or MIL ID card OR valid concealed carry permit OR background check from your local law enforcement agency showing no felony or domestic violence convictions, restraining orders, etc. that make it illegal for you to possess a firearm.