This 4 hour course tests what has been covered in our previous Defensive Pistol classes. New skills include shooting one-handed, using cover, and shooting while moving. All work will be done from an open carry holster at an extremely fast pace. Students will be drilled for speed, accuracy, and forced to clear malfunctions. Off-line movement and moving target drills will also be covered.
• Advanced drills practicing offline draw stroke from open carry
• Weapon malfunctions incorporated into dynamic exercises
• Advanced weapon presentations from defensive carry positions
• Moving target engagements
You'll need the following gear in order to participate:• Quality, serviceable semiautomatic handgun with at least 3 magazines
• Open carry holster and magazine pouch or some other way to carry a spare magazine on your person
• Ear and eye protection (we have both available for use, but you may be more comfortable with your own)
• Approximately 150 rounds of TCJ Ammunition*
Defensive Pistol 2 or equivalent FORMAL training.
All lawfully armed US citizens are welcome to participate in this course. To confirm eligibility, please provide the following documents BEFORE the class is scheduled to start:
- US state or federal ID (i.e. driver license)
- LE or MIL ID card OR valid concealed carry permit OR background check from your local law enforcement agency showing no felony or domestic violence convictions, restraining orders, etc. that make it illegal for you to possess a firearm.