This 4 hour course is for those who own- or who are thinking about buying- an AR-15 style carbine. It is the first step in our carbine training progression. We discuss the capabilities and limitations of the rifle, various sight options and the strengths and weaknesses of each, and what 'accessories' you really need for your rifle. We also teach shooting fundamentals and give you an in-depth understanding of properly zeroing the rifle.
• Capabilities and limitations
• Basic operation- including proper loading, unloading/ clearing, and firing
• Sight selection and operation, including optics and back-up iron sights (BUIS)
• Ammunition considerations/ selection
• Marksmanship fundamentals
• Proper zeroing- theory and application
You'll need the following gear in order to participate:• Quality, serviceable semiautomatic M4 style rifle with at least 2 good magazines
• Ear and eye protection (we have both available for use, but you may be more comfortable with your own)
• Notepad and pen
• Approximately 50 rounds of TCJ Ammunition*
NONE. Reading the manual for your firearm is encouraged, though.
All lawfully armed US citizens are welcome to participate in this course. To confirm eligibility, please provide the following documents BEFORE the class is scheduled to start:
- US state or federal ID (i.e. driver license)
- LE or MIL ID card OR valid concealed carry permit OR background check from your local law enforcement agency showing no felony or domestic violence convictions, restraining orders, etc. that make it illegal for you to possess a firearm.
“Course met objectives. Instructor was most excellent and made subject matter interesting.” - February 21, 2015
“Excellent!!! Course and instruction - both excellent!” - February 21, 2015