PLEASE NOTE: The purchase and/ or use of some medical devices require users to have the supervision of a medical practitioner. These devices may be labeled "Caution" or "RX only". Ensuring medical supervision and/or authorization is the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
NAR's patented Needle Decompression Kit Air Release System (ARS) design improves the probability of success when managing casualties who present with signs and symptoms of a tension pneumothorax. To achieve this end, we participated in a two-year collaboration with pre-hospital providers. We continuously analyzed data obtained from ongoing combat operations for patients whose symptoms suggested a collapsed lung (difficulty in breathing, chest drains, etc.). We applied the Analytical Thinking, Evidence-based Medicine and Human Factors engineering model to identify inherent survival stress behaviors. Then, North American Rescue went one step further. We incorporated fail-safe characteristics into the product design. For example, an easy-open container protects the needle from damage during deployment. Also, we removed the flash cap from the needle system to allow immediate confirmation of placement.
- SEL# 09MS-02-THOR
- Strong, reliable needle/catheter: 14 gauge x 3.25 in.
- Rugged needle/catheter protective tube
- Easy ID textured twist top with handy clip
- Easy-open container for quick access
- Capless flash chamber for immediate confirmation of needle placement
- Convenient, compact size
- U.S. Patents D595,847 and 001002372-0001, Patent(s) Pending
- Packaged: L 5.7 in. x W 0.7 in. x 0.8 in.
- Needle Size: 14 gauge x 3.25 in.
- Weight: 0.6 oz