THIS COURSE IS BEING OFFERED AT THE TACTICAL RESPONSE TRAINING FACILITY IN CAMDEN, TN.
Our 5-Day NV Professional course is designed to prepare military personnel, law enforcement officers, security contractors, or lawfully armed citizens to conduct operations under low light/ no-light conditions in developed urban areas characterized by:
- varied and unpredictable light conditions; and
- the near presence of non-combatants.
These environmental factors require a thorough understanding of low light principles, tactics, and techniques as well as the ability to quickly and precisely locate, assess, and engage threats.
NV Pro focuses on enabling students to read light conditions and properly employ tools (night vision technology and/ or white light) to gain a dominant advantage over adversaries. Students will also learn to identify and engage targets quickly and precisely while wearing NVGs and/ or manipulating a flashlight. The course includes classroom presentation, live fire drills, and non-lethal training ammunition (NLTA) drills and exercises.
- • Physiology and psychology of night operations
• Low-light engagement principles
• Tactical employment of a flashlight with pistol and rifle
• NVG basic operation and maintenance
• NVG capabilities and limitations
• Individual movement and hand-eye coordination
• Pistol and rifle familiarization and qualification- zeroing IR lasers, light/ laser manipulation, CQB and mid-range shooting, shooting from cover, moving and shooting, transitions
• Driving considerations
• Basic low-light/ NVG room clearing techniques
• Countering suspects’ use of white light
• Countering suspects’ use of NV devices
• Mission planning considerations
You'll need the following gear in order to participate:• Night vision goggle with head or helmet mount
• Quality, serviceable semiautomatic M4 style rifle with optical sight, sling, and at least 4 magazines
• Infrared (IR) laser (we highly recommend that you use one with a built-in IR illuminator)*
• Weapon mounted flashlight (we recommend a Surefire Scout light with a dual switch
• Pistol with tritium sights (we do have a temporary workaround)
• PPE (eye and double ear protection; hat or helmet; body armor is optional but recommended)
• Duty/ tactical gear (with ability to carry at least 3 spare rifle mags and 2 spare pistol magazines)
• Notepad and pen
• 300 rounds of pistol ammunition and 600 rounds of rifle ammunition
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU NEED ANY ITEMS ON THE LIST, CONTACT US. WE OFFER DISCOUNTED PRICING ON GEAR WHEN PURCHASED WITH/ FOR A COURSE. HAVE QUESTIONS? CALL US AT 912-342-7419.
Documented, formal, intermediate level training with both the handgun and carbine.
All lawfully armed US citizens are welcome to participate in this course. To confirm eligibility, please provide the following documents BEFORE the class is scheduled to start:
- US state or federal ID (i.e. driver license)
- LE or MIL ID card OR valid concealed carry permit OR background check from your local law enforcement agency showing no felony or domestic violence convictions, restraining orders, etc. that make it illegal for you to possess a firearm.
"We, as a training staff have put your training to good use. It has been the most practical and replicated training any of us have been to in a long time. Great class!" - US Federal Agency Security/ Response Team Instructor, 2009
"The training was realistic, hands-on, and overall great. I would highly recommend this course to my peers." - Washington, DC Area SWAT Operator, 2013
"I have been to no less than 20 LE training classes, and this one was the best I have attended." - Veteran SWAT Operator, 2013
"Excellent Curriculum! One of the best courses I've ever attended!" - Memphis Area SWAT Operator and Instructor, 2013
"Great course. Should be mandatory for anyone running NVDs. Instructors were knowledgeable and humble." - Los Angeles Area SWAT Operator, 2013