Personal Security Concepts is a 3 hour course that introduces students to foundational ideas and terminology for the study of tactics. The course explores violent encounters from a scientific perspective, and lays out principles that enable us to develop, select, and practice sound tactics and techniques for countering attacks. It also helps students understand and anticipate the ‘fight, flight, or freeze’ response and the various effects of acute fear on the human body and mind. It is a prerequisite for a series of environment or situation specific tactics workshops that we offer (i.e. room clearing, tactics in and around vehicles, etc).
• Action vs. Reaction and Reactionary Gap
• Situational Awareness and Pre-Attack Indicators
• Introduction to Tools and Tactics for Violent Encounters
• Boyd’s ‘O-O-D-A Loop’ Model for Combat
• Hick’s Law and the Selection of Tactics and Techniques for Self-Defense
• Legal Considerations for Self-Defense and the Defense of Others
You'll need the following gear in order to participate:• Notepad and pen
NONE. This course is open to all lawfully armed citizens.
All lawfully armed US citizens are welcome to participate in this course. To confirm eligibility, please provide the following documents BEFORE the class is scheduled to start:
- US state or federal ID (i.e. driver license)
- LE or MIL ID card OR valid concealed carry permit OR background check from your local law enforcement agency showing no felony or domestic violence convictions, restraining orders, etc. that make it illegal for you to possess a firearm.